This building was originally the Ayr New Church. It was built in 1807-10 by David Hamilton to accommodate the overspill from the Auld Kirk. It was rebuilt in 1900. The gateway at the front is a 20th century addition. The church was taken over from the Auld Kirk in 1951 by the Cathcart Relief Church.
In 1984 the church was taken over by the Danserena dance studio.